Student Housing

Exchange students have 3 options for housing during your exchange to UNC Kenan-Flagler.  You may only apply for housing AFTER you receive your Personal Identification Number (PID) and created an ONYEN.  This process is typically done in April for fall exchange and November for spring exchange.

  1. UNC Residential/On-Campus Housing - stongly encouraged option
    1. To apply for on-campus housing, go to (requires your ONYEN).
      • Allows you to choose specific residence halls (complete listing and locations may be found
      • View profiles for roommates
      • Double occupancy room assignements are standard at UNC
      • Residence halls offer kitchen facilities and outlets for high-speed internet access
      • For on-campus housing pricing, go to  All fees associated with housing will be billed to your student account in ConnectCarolina. 
  2. Granville Towers - a University owned, but privately operated residence, which provides a wide range of housing plans.  NOTE: This facility offers a limited amount of space for visiting exchange students only at UNC-Chapel Hill for 1 semester.  Space is not guaranteed at this facility.
    1. To apply, go to
  3. Off-Campus Housing/Apartment - Off-campus housing is not encouraged for exchange students and UNC will not assist you in finding or placing you in this option.