Job Search Support
Kenan-Flagler students (BSBA, MBA, MAC, PhD) use the Center to fine-tune communication skills related to the job search. You may schedule appointments for:
Also, check out our workshops, podcasts and newsletters for international students. Many are related to job-search communication skills.
Sample Interview Answers
The videos below provide examples of good answers to some common behavioral interview questions. Note that these videos were created for instructional purposes only and don't necessarily reflect the true experiences of those featured in the video.
Sample Resume Walk:
Question 1: Tell me about a time you were in a team setting and had to motivate a peer without formal authority.
Question 2: Tell me about a time that you used data to solve a problem
Question 3: Tell me about a time when you experienced a team conflict
Successful Networking Correspondence
Managing Your Online Reputation
Case Interviewing for BSBA Students
BCC Networking Workshop 10.29.14.pdf
Job-Search Related Blog Posts
Undergraduate Business students in Dr. Sharon Cannon's Management Communication class develop blog posts on various communication topics, including recent trends and best practices in job searches. You'll find the entire Mastering Management Communication blog here. Some recent job search-focused posts include:
- Wait, did you say video interview?, by Ryan Ramsey
- Remember Me? I Want a Job, by Mark Schneider
- Personal Thoughts on Becoming a Case Interview Master, by Heather Engel
- Mastering the "Tell Me About Yourself" Interview Question, by Sahar Kazemzadeh
- The Top 5 Most Common Resume Mistakes, by Clyde Atkins
- Writing a Cover Letter that Stands Out, by Jackson Reeves
- The Art of Networking, by Jennifer Vu
- Acing the Interview: How to Prepare, by Kyra Harakal
- The Biggest Taboos for Job Seekers: How Kenan-Flagler Students Can Avoid Them, by Rawlings Long
Sample MBA Cover Letters
Below is an assortment of cover letters from past MBA students who were very successful in their job searches. While none of these letters are perfect, they represent many different ways to write a cover letter and are generally quite good. We encourage you to schedule an appointment with one of our Consultants to get personalized feedback on your own cover letters.